I definitely needed some pause from red uniforms, so I’ve stalled the British core army for a moment in order to start with the Brunswickers. Since it is not only the same project but really the same army I think this is a diversion I can allow myself.
Again my project seems to stand under a lucky star – the moment I had decided to do the Brunswick army a very nice bunch of figures came up for auction on ebay – and I really don’t know why, but nobody wanted to place a bid. So I got them for a more than fair price. Of course as always some minor amendments and repairs (and of course the inevitable rebasing) were due, but the quality of the painting is exceptional.
With this head-start I’m in the lucky position to have a unit of cavalry already finished. Well, here it is:
The Brunswick allied coningent in Lasalle consists of one light cavalry unit (now finished), two infantry units, one elite infantry unit and two skirmisher bases – one of them is now finished, too:
Lastly there is an artillery unit. Here I also was able to akquire two pieces of artillery:
As your skilled eye will certainly have detected right away, the right piece is horse artillery. Yet I’m willing to allow this latitude, as the Perries have only one variant each of foot and horse artillery, and it would look very dull to have three identical looking artillery crews. I’m now going to order a third piece and start on the infantry.
Have a nice weekend!